BY PARTICIPATING IN Def Hacks Worldwide 3.0, YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND ALL OTHER APPLICABLE DOCUMENTS.
Henceforth, "I", “me”, "my", “myself”, and other first-person pronouns shall refer to the Participant. "The Organizers" shall refer to any persons or group who had significant participation in the creation of the event, namely (but not necessarily exclusively) the Def Hacks Worldwide 3.0 organizing team. “The Hackathon” shall refer to the Def Hacks Worldwide 3.0 hackathon.
I understand that by participating in The Hackathon, I agree to the following terms listed in this Def Hacks Worldwide 3.0 Terms and Code of Conduct agreement (the “Agreement”), and to follow any procedures and instructions given by The Organizers. Refusal to comply and any violations will subject me to punishment deemed appropriate by The Organizers, such as the revocation of prizes and expulsion from The Hackathon.
● I have represented myself accurately on the application and all other event forms.
● I am allowed to develop a concept for a project prior to The Hackathon, but any and all programming and tangible creations related to a concept must be done at the time and place of The Hackathon.
● I am allowed to use publicly available resources and code on my project, and I accept sole responsibility for licensee or owner responsibilities and for any and all licensing or ownership rights and responsibilities of any intellectual property that I use, display, store, distribute, make derivative works from, or otherwise and other appropriate acknowledgement regarding the resources.
● I understand that The Organizers will not receive any ownership title or rights of any work or project done at The Hackathon other than those limited rights herein. All original work will solely remain under the ownership of the creator and/or the employing company. The Organizers are not liable for any legal or contractual issues that may arise from the work. I hereby agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend The Organizers against any liability resulting from the project or any created content.
● I understand that the judges and The Organizers are allowed to look at my code for the purpose of judging by volunteer judges, and that the decisions of these judges are final and may not be contested. The Hackathon will not be held responsible for any decisions made by sponsors, and The Organizers are not liable for any transaction of prizes between a sponsor and a participant.
● I understand that if I win a Def Hacks-sponsored prize, it is my responsibility to be present at the event to receive the prize. If I am not present, I understand that I will not receive the prize, regardless if the rest of my team is present to receive their prizes.
● I understand that I will be fully responsible for any costs I incur as a direct or indirect result of participation in the event, including but not limited to use of proprietary technology, food, accommodations, and other purchases. The Organizers will not be liable for any costs or expenses incurred throughout the event.
● I understand that The Organizers are not obligated to give travel reimbursements, and that any granted travel reimbursements are contingent upon my submission of a project to Devpost.
● I understand that all services provided, including but not limited to transportation, facilities (property, furniture, electricity, networking), food and beverage, and activities are provided on an as-is and as-available basis only, with no guarantee of services meeting my requirements or remaining uninterrupted, error-free, secure, or free from viruses and other harmful components. The Organizers are not liable for any errors in services, regardless of whether they appear to provide these services or not.
● I understand any information I provide via my application may be distributed to sponsors for recruiting purposes.
● I understand that by providing my resume via the application, I am allowing the distribution of my resume to sponsors for recruiting purposes.
● I understand that unless I have paid for certain perks of sponsorship of Def Hacks Worldwide 3.0, I am not allowed to recruit from the participants or disperse marketing or recruiting materials to anyone at The Hackathon, including anyone in the venue.
● I agree to be respectful and courteous to The Organizers, sponsors, volunteers, mentors, and all other participants. The Organizers have the authority to discipline me if my behavior at the event does not meet their subjective standards of respect and courtesy.
● I agree to not be in the possession of illegal drugs, alcohol, or weapons at The Hackathon and otherwise always adhere to applicable state and federal contacts law.
● I understand that I am bound to all rules and regulations of Maryland state laws, as well as applicable city and federal laws.
I understand that The Hackathon is 36 hours long, and that fatigue can cause delayed reaction time or unusual decision-making, and I indemnify and hold harmless Def Hacks and Def Hacks Worldwide 3.0 for any liabilities or damages from and against, and shall compensate and reimburse each Indemnitee for, any loss, damage, injury, harm, detriment, lost opportunity, liability, exposure, claim, demand, settlement, judgment, award, fine, penalty, tax, fee (including attorneys’ fees), charge or expense that is directly or indirectly suffered or incurred by any of the Indemnitees, or to which any of the Indemnitees otherwise may become subject (regardless of whether or not related to a third-party claim) at any time (whether during or after the Term), and that is caused by or results from (a) any inaccuracy in any representation or warranty by or on my behalf contained in this Agreement, or (b) any failure on my part to observe, perform or abide by, or any other breach of, any restriction, covenant, obligation or other provision contained in this Agreement